Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bible study #3

I was at bible study this morning which is going great. Our Statement last week was "It's tough being a woman in a world where beauty is a treatment". Which means that we are always primping ourselves instead of letting our true beauty shine through. We get treatment for this and treatment for that. I am so guilty of that. I don't know how much money I spend in beauty but I bet it is in the thousands every year.
This week our statement is "It's though being a woman in a mean world". Which is so true. We as women are always comparing ourselves to others and picking away at some one just because society has made them out to be ugly. Who is really to judge who is ugly and who is beautiful? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do I hear an Amen? Yes we should stop all this meanness and concentrate on the messages that God is delivering to us. By doing that we can be truly beautiful.
My prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment